Cooking with Lemon Sugar Cookies:
Our Lemon Sugar Cookie Trifle is the bright, spring dessert you're looking for this Easter. We layer our signature cookies with fresh cream, lemon curd and ripe strawberries for the perfect sweet treat on the dessert table. And because it’s so light, it’s perfect for a traditional Easter dinner later in the day or an earlier Easter brunch.
The Easter meal really celebrates the flavors of the season. Fresh hams, new potatoes and asparagus are welcome additions to the table after the winter months. And nothing says 'Spring' like fresh strawberries! Easter is a little bit earlier this year, but luckily for us here in Charleston, the local strawberries are going to be here soon. Even if you can’t get local berries where you are; adding lemon zest, lemon juice and honey will perk up your fruit. It also creates a quick and easy sauce that soaks into the lemon sugar cookies and melds the flavors together.
With just 7 ingredients and no baking involved, this trifle is a pleasure to prepare. And even better, you can make it the day ahead of time and store it in the refridgerator.
Lemon Sugar Cookie and Strawberry Trifle
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup full fat Honey Greek yogurt
1 11-ounce jar lemon curd
- Beat cream and yogurt in a medium bowl until medium peaks form.
- Place lemon curd in another bowl, and gently fold whipped cream mixture into lemon curd, one third at a time.
2 pounds strawberries (or other berries), hulled and sliced
Juice and zest of one lemon
1/4 cup honey
1 dozen Grey Ghost Bakery Lemon Sugar cookies**
1 cup heavy cream
- Place 1/2 of berries in a bowl. Add the lemon juice, lemon zest, and honey, and gently mash the berries with the back of a fork. Let sit for about 10 minutes. If berries give off a lot of juice, drain off some so that just the mashed berries are left.
- Spoon a little of the lemon mousse into the bottom of a glass bowl or dish. Top with a layer of the cookies, breaking them to fit evenly in the dish. Top that with a spoon of the strawberry mash, and some of the sliced strawberries. Continue layering until you reach top of dish. Refrigerate for 2 hours, or up to overnight.
- When ready to serve, whip cream until medium peaks form. Spoon whipped cream onto top of trifle, and garnish with strawberry slices and some crushed cookies.
** All online orders are 20% off until Easter Sunday. Order your Lemon Cookies with the code EASTER2016 at checkout and get ready for Easter Sunday.